Choosing a Mesothelioma Lawyer
After a mesothelioma diagnosis, patients and their families have more than just medical concerns. They have legal questions and financial worries that must be addressed quickly. Mesothelioma patients and their families need the best legal representation on their side.
Choosing the right law firm makes the difference between immediate legal assistance and waiting weeks for legal counsel. Finding the best legal assistance allows you to focus on your health.
Our job is to provide information to connect you with the best legal representation. Asbestos manufacturers have teams of attorneys representing their needs; you must have the same.
Why the Law Firm Matters
If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with mesothelioma, it is important to have a solid legal team on your side. The proper legal representation directly impacts the amount of compensation for your injuries. Choosing the wrong law firm can have devastating financial implications.
Compensation from trust funds or lawsuit settlements can be used to pay medical bills, living expenses and medical-related travel expenses. The compensation can also provide you with the peace of mind knowing your family has long-term financial security.
Tips for Finding the Best Law Firm
There are plenty of law firms that claim to be experts in mesothelioma, but just a few can prove they are the best. When searching for a law firm to represent your legal needs, it is important to focus on the facts. The following are some tips and hints to help you find a mesothelioma law firm with a proven record of success:
- Ask for Assistance – The time immediately after a shocking mesothelioma diagnosis is typically full of worry and chaos. There are so many things to think about, so finding a qualified law firm may not be high on the list of priorities. Instead, call in help from friends, neighbors and coworkers. Ask them to examine information about the best mesothelioma law firms in the nation. Call on them to do online searches for successful asbestos law firms.
- Launch a National Search – The best attorneys practice in the largest cities in the country and work for the largest successful law firms in the nation. Only a handful of law firms have a documented record in successful mesothelioma litigation.
- Take to the Internet – A law firm’s website can provide important clues about the strength of the firm and its associates. Read online reviews taking care to keep an open mind when reading both negative and positive reviews. Examine the American Bar Association’s site to find out more information about the firm. Check news stories to read about the law firm successes and failures.
Speak to a patient advocate to find out if you qualify for compensation.
Questions to Ask a Mesothelioma Attorney
Taking time to ask questions in the early stages of a search will help eliminate ineffective law firms. Some of the best questions to ask include the following:
- How many years has the firm been in business?
- How do you prove the firm’s record of success?
- Does your firm have proven experience and expertise in asbestos litigation?
- Does your firm have the financial resources to see a case through to trial?
- Will you travel to me for depositions?
- Will this firm represent me in court?
- What is the average time to resolve a mesothelioma case?
- Will an attorney be handling my case or another legal representative?
- How do I reach my attorney directly?
- How much do you charge?
- How much can I expect from my case?
How to Spot the Worst Law Firms
In interviewing law firms, it’s important to remain alert to your surroundings and the way questions are answered. They can give you a lot of clues about the corporate culture and how you will be ultimately treated. Look for the following red flags:
- False Promises – There are no such things as promises in the legal field. Attorneys should be able to give general estimates based on other case outcomes.
- Refusal to provide references – Skilled law firms should be able to easily provide a list of satisfied clients.
- Disorderly office – A true sign of a lack of organization is a messy desk and unkempt office.
- Unhappy staff – Disgruntled and unhappy employees are signs of a chaotic law firm.
- Poor attitude – Everyone in the law firm should be professional, courteous and understanding of your needs. Anything less is an immediate sign of problems.
How to Spot the Best Law Firms
Everyone in the law firm should be professional, courteous and understanding of your needs. Anything less is an immediate sign of problems. Our team of Patient Advocates helps mesothelioma victims and their families by providing the latest information about innovative treatments, support systems and medical financial assistance. The following are other clues to the finest asbestos legal representation:
- Proven expertise
- Specialization in mesothelioma litigation
- Legal teams who provide dedicated individualized attention
- Nationwide recognition for excellence in mesothelioma litigation
- Solid industry-wide reputation
- Record-breaking jury awards and settlements
- Contingency fee work
We connect mesothelioma patients and their families with the nation’s top legal experts, medical specialists and financial authorities. Our services include the most up-to-date and innovative literature on mesothelioma treatment, matching patients with the leading mesothelioma experts and specialized services for veterans. Our services are completely free.
Contact us now for more information.
- Nolo.com. How to Hire a Mesothelioma or Asbestos Lawyer. Retrieved from https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/mesothelioma-asbestos-lawyer-hire-30343.html
- The Balance.com. How to Avoid a Bad Attorney. Retrieved from https://www.thebalance.com/how-to-avoid-a-bad-lawyer-2164684